Dedicated to Saint Pancras the Martyr, this church was built between 1872 and 1892 on the site of a smaller church, also dedicated to Saint Pancras and dating back to the 17th century, which had become a parish church in 1820.

In ancient times, this locality was called ‘campo del mar’, as then, as now, on the clearest days one can see the Venice lagoon.

The church was built in the Neoclassical style: it has five altars, all in marble, and houses late 19th-century works, such as the ceiling fresco by Noè Bordignon from 1888, depicting the primacy of Saint Peter. The large canvas on the High Altar, where the patron saint, St Pancrazio, can be admired, was painted in 1892 by Antonio Dal Favero.

To the right of the church stands the Montaner bell tower. Built entirely of stone in the Doric style, it was designed by Domenico Rupolo and constructed by local craftsmen between 1908 and 1914.

Map